The contest has ended and winners have been selected.
I'm excited to announce the launch of a new online magazine for everyone who trades, or wants to learn to trade, options.
Published monthly: Monday, following options expiration.
Inaugural issue: Monday, March 22, 2010.
Five of the top options bloggers on the Internet are contributing editors. They are:
- Jared Woodard; CondorOptions
- Bill Luby; VIXandMore
- Adam Warner; Daily Options Report
- Mark Sebastian; Option911
- Mark D Wolfinger; Options for Rookies
Each issue offers trading insights, opinion, and a variety of options-related statistics.
The feature article may be about any aspect of options or investing. For the first issue Adam Warner tells the story of the rise and fall of the American Stock Exchange.
Every issue has an interview with someone you want to know better. For the inaugural issue, Mark Sebastian interviews Sheldon Natenberg, author of one of the true classic books on options:
Option Volatility & Pricing: Advanced Trading Strategies and Techniques
It' still a best-seller (for good reason), fifteen years after the 2nd edition first appeared (1994).
- Monthly Options Report – Adam Warner
- For the New Options Trader – Mark D Wolfinger
- Income Spread Trading – Jared Woodard
- Charting the Markets – Bill Luby
- Market Maker Trading Tips – Mark Sebastian
Other regular features include
- Questions and answers from readers
- Follow the Trade: a detailed description of a single trade
- From entry to exit
- With commentary
- With adjustments and the rationale for making them
- Book Reviews (not in every issue)
Expiring Monthly is available by subscription @ $99 for 12 monthly issues.
Take advantage of our pre-launch promotion, now through Feb 28, 2010: receive one full year of Expiring Monthly @ the discounted rate of $79.
To learn more, visit http://www.expiringmonthly.com
Contest: Win a subscription
Post a comment to this page (and this page only, please – so I can find your entry) with a suggestion for the magazine.
- A topic for The New Options Trader
- A topic for a feature article
- Specific options-related data that you want to see featured
- Questions for any of the Five Bloggers
- All suggestions on any topic welcome
From the entries, I'll select one winner (earliest post wins if the same topic is suggested more than once) to receive a free one-year subscription. This is not a random drawing; the best idea (in my opinion) wins.
If the winner has purchased a one-year subscription before the contest ends, he/she receives a one-year extension as first prize – plus an additional 6 months as a bonus.
I'll award two runner-up prizes: One person wins a 6-month subscription, and another receives a 3-three month subscription. If these runners-up already subscribed by the time the contest ends, the prize doubles: one year instead of 6 months; 6 months instead of 3.
Visit the blogs listed above. They may also be offering prizes.
We are very excited about Expiring Monthly, and hope you share some of that excitement. Our aim is to produce the finest content available in magazine format. Please let us know how we are doing via email. If you prefer, you can send email directly to me.